How to Clean Reusable Baby Food Pouches
On this Page:
We know that as a parent, convenience is a number one priority when it comes to choosing products. So when it comes to baby food storage, nothing beats a reusable food pouch. They allow you to store, freeze, warm, carry and serve your baby’s food all in one pouch! But do you know how to clean reusable food pouches? In this atricle we'll show you how.
But first, how do you choose the best reusable baby food pouches? Ensure you buy ones that are BPA free, tamper proof, spill proof, portable, reusable and disposable. This perfectly describes our Cherub Baby Reusable Baby Food Storage Pouches.
Easy Steps to Clean Reusable Baby Food Pouches
Parents love the fact that these baby food pouches are reusable. Some however are confused or unsure how easy they are to clean – thus how practical they really are. So we thought we would write up some step by step instructions on how to clean reusable food pouches. Read below to see how simple it is to enjoy the convenience they offer!
Option #1: Hand Wash
You can easily hand wash your reusable baby food pouches in warm soapy water using a bottle brush. Here is how to go about it:
- Open the pouch and unscrew the cap
- Fill the pouch with water, shake and let out the water through the spout. You can let the tap water run through for 5-10 seconds. This will rinse out the initial food residue.
- Place the pouch in warm soapy water and wash thoroughly with a bottle brush. The Cherub Baby Reusable food pouches have a wide opening. You will therefore easily access all its parts while cleaning.
- Use the bottle brush to especially clean the spout, zip lock and the cap. A bottle brush will do a good job of digging out any stubborn food residue in these areas.
- Rinse using clean water and allow the water to flow through the spout
- Leave the pouch to dry. You can place it on a drying rack. You can also place a spoon inside a glass and hang your pouch over the spoon.
Option #2: Dishwasher
The Cherub Baby food pouches can also be safely cleaned in the dishwasher. Just place the pouches upside down on the top rack!
If possible, rinse the food pouch out as soon as bub has finished eating. It will make it easier to clean later if the food hasn’t had a chance to dry out 😀
Where can I buy them?
Shop the Cherub Baby Resuable Baby Food Pouch range online! Or find them in a store near you.
Do you have any other tips that you use for cleaning and looking after your pouches?
Let us know!